Mrs. Jamie Pinckney, Principal
Mrs. Marva Neal, Assistant Principal
53 Cherry Point Road
Okatie, SC 29909
School Phone Number: 843-322-7700
School Fax Number: 843-322-7710
Okatie Elementary parents are reminded that our school schedules will be changed for the 2016-17 academic year that begins Monday, August 15.
Classes will begin each morning at 7:45 a.m., and our doors will open each morning at 7 a.m.
Students will be dismissed each afternoon at 2:45 p.m. and must be picked up by 3 p.m. Our OWL (Our Way to Learn) after-school program offers supervised care from 3-5 p.m. and will begin on September 6. Interested parents should call the school office at 843-322-7700.
- Parents/visitors must use the front door and are required to sign in. You will need a picture ID to sign in if you plan to visit a classroom or academic area past the main office.
- For text message updates regarding cancellations or late buses please register at https://www.Remind101.com .
- How to sign up for Principal Pinckney's Okatie notifications:
- Text @oka to (720) 924-4074 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- School email address is – OES.email@example.com
- If your child is absent from school a parent or doctor excuse is required.
- More than 10 unexcused absences may result in retention.
- Please do not schedule vacation time during the school year.
- If a child has three (3) consecutive, or five (5) total unlawful absences they are considered truant. A student attendance contract will be developed and signed by the parent, principal and school social worker.
- If additional unlawful absences occur, a Truancy Hearing may be required. Absences affect learning and our State School Report Card. Send your student to school unless he or she is sick.
- The school day ends at 2:45, plan appointments after school please.
- Any changes to the way your child goes home MUST be in writing.
- Email EMERGENCY changes to OES.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must bring in a signed note from the doctor documenting an early leave or late arrival for it to be excused.
- After a student accumulates a total of five or more unexcused late arrivals and/or early leaves this will count as 1 day of absence for your student regardless of the accumulated amount of time.
- Students will not be signed out after:2:15 p.m. due to transitions, instruction, and announcements. When parents sign students out early this disrupts the learning for all!
- Volunteers are asked to not sign their students out prior to the end of school. Thank you for your help!
- Visitors are always welcome at Okatie Elementary.
- Classroom observations require a 24 notice to the teacher. Please contact an administrator to schedule.
- All visitors must have a valid driver’s license to scan for access into the building and wear a visitor’s badge.
- Parents should not walk their student to class after the first two weeks. This is to reduce disruption to learning and to help your child separate from you.
- This is a smoke free campus. Please do not smoke on our campus.
- Cellphones should not be used when visiting classrooms or eating lunch with your student. Be respectful of students and staff.
Volunteers are always needed to assist with shelving books in the library, chaperoning field trips, mentoring a student or assisting with clerical tasks in the office.
Volunteers must re-apply each year to participate in school activities.