Visiting our School
● Visitors are always welcome at Okatie Elementary.
● Classroom observations require a 24-hour notice to the teacher. Please contact an administrator to schedule.
● All visitors must have a valid driver’s license to scan for access into the building and wear a visitor’s badge.
● Parents may not walk their student to class after the first two weeks. This reduces disruption to learning and to help your child separate from you.
● This is a smoke free campus. Please do not smoke on our campus or in car rider line.
● Cellphones should not be used when visiting classrooms or eating lunch with your student. Be respectful of students and staff.
Currently for the 2021-2022 School Year all Visitors MUST wear a mask for the safety of all students and staff.
Although we welcome visits from families, volunteers, and community members, the safety and well-being of our students and staff is our top priority. All visitors will be required to sign-in before entering our building, using our Ident-a-Kid visitor management software. When visiting our school, plan to do the following:
- Bring your Driver’s License or Photo ID
- Enter the building ONLY through the main office entrance. You will need to ring the doorbell and wait for the door to be opened by a front office employee. Students, teachers, and other staff members are NOT allowed to let visitors into the building.
- In the front office, your Photo ID will be scanned via our Ident-a-Kid software, and checked against public offender registries.
- Visitors will receive a temporary ID sticker that must be worn for the entirety of your visit.
- When exiting the school, return your temporary ID sticker to the front office to sign out.